Ask Kate is your opportunity to contact Kate, a mortgage insider, to ask whatever you want regarding mortgage financing.
Banks speak a secret language that is different from the ordinary person on the street.
FHA, VA, PMI, DTI, FNMA, FHLMC, 1003, VOD, HARP, HAMP! How much lingo can an industry create? I understand why homeowners and home buyers might feel puzzled.
So, go ahead. Ask Kate your mortgage question, even if you are not sure exactly how to ask it. Every question is a good question. Then afterward, view a list of questions answered by Kate near the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for responding so quickly to my question regarding my mortgage. You are an angel sent to us that are so worried and can't get any answers. - Amy in Highland, CA
Ask me a question about a mortgage whether it's for refinancing or buying a home.
Browse the following 15 categories of Ask Kate questions and answers.
1. Making Home Affordable Program - Making Home Affordable, New HARP 2.0 Refinance, HAMP Loan Modification, FHA Short Refinance, Strategic Default, Short Sale answers.
2. Mortgage Rate Lock Part I - The dilemma of locking mortgage rates continues with the most recent questions.
3. Mortgage Rate Lock Part II - What heats up a conversation any greater than mortgage rate lock? Vent here and get help too.
4. Refinance Part I - Most recent questions from homeowners about refinancing a mortgage.
5. Refinance Part II - Beside baseball, refinancing and mortgage rates are America's favorite pastime! Here's your refinance spring training.
6. Home Buying Part I - Borrowers ask about buying a first home. Seasoned home buyers can ask questions too!
7. Home Buying Part II - Home buying is the American Dream. Questions? Kate has answers.
8. Private Mortgage Insurance - Is PMI your friend or foe? Do you know the various ways to get PMI off your mortgage?
9. Improve Credit - Improving your credit rating will also improve your life. Find how to maintain long lasting results at the credit bureaus.
10. FHA and VA - Clear the fog. The straight facts on VA and FHA loan requirements.
11. Adjustable Rates - Do you have an adjustable rate mortgage? It's okay to ask the nitty gritty ARM questions.
12. Reverse Mortgage - Reverse Mortgage answers to your questions. It's like a cash-out mortgage for Seniors minus the payment!
13. Mortgage Tips - A potpourri of savvy home mortgage tips. For example, how to compare mortgage closing costs and rates.
14. Mortgage News - Breaking mortgage news and bold opinions of Joe Public regarding home loans and interest rates.
15. Compare Rates and Lenders - Readers ask how to find lenders and compare interest rates. For example, how to compare mortgage lenders with ease.
Go here to Ask Kate your own question about a mortgage.
Please share Ask Kate Your Mortgage Question with your friends. I hope you come back and visit often.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for financial, lending, real estate, or legal advice. Mortgage rates and trends are published for convenience only, are not guaranteed, and should not be relied upon. Rates vary with no advance warning. You should consult an attorney, accountant, financial planner, housing counselor, mortgage lender, and/or real estate agent, as applicable, for advice and rates regarding your individual situation. Comments and opinions found here are not necessarily those of Get-Your-Best-Mortgage-Rate.com.
Insider mortgage secrets, every Thursday morning. Sign up now.
Delivered by Super Kate who respects your email privacy.
Borrow a mortgage insider's brain.
Mortgage news, interest rate updates, loan approval tips.
Get to the heart of your search quickly.